Cleaning, de cluttering, organizing and neat and tidy home or apartment is what all we wish. When it comes to apartment cleaning services it is one of those chores that we all need to do but we do not want to do it willingly. A properly planned house or apartment cleaning schedule can help you stay stress-free, more organized, and save your time as well.
Bear in mind you don’t need to do all cleaning tasks yourself, try to assign tasks to everyone living in the house. Together you can make your house completely hygienic and a peaceful living place. You can also hire maid services for house cleaning or apartment cleaning services if life ties you up and you don’t find time to clean your home yourself.
This post is all about how to handle house cleaning chores therefore in this article you will learn how to create a house cleaning schedule to make your home more organized and tidy for a stress-free living.
- How to develop a personalized house cleaning schedule?
- Daily cleaning chores to include in your house cleaning schedule
- Weekly house cleaning activities to Include in your weekly schedule
- Monthly cleaning activities to include in your monthly schedule
Let’s start with how to develop a house cleaning schedule on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
How to Develop a Personalized House Cleaning Schedule?
Remember! When it comes to keeping house clean there is no size fit all house or apartment cleaning schedule. Create your house cleaning plan according to your needs and time availability. For making home cleaning easy you can consider these points;
- For this, you need to create a master list of all tasks (big or small) with an exact timeline.
- To make a house or apartment cleaning schedule easy you can work on area basis like room, kitchen, lounge, bathroom, laundry area, lawn, garage, balcony etc.
- Decide which areas need daily or weekly or monthly cleaning.
- Then make a list of items and tools you need to clean these areas.
- Also, remember don’t schedule cleaning tasks on most busy days and on days when you feel distracted or overwhelmed.
Daily Cleaning Chores to include in Your House Cleaning Schedule
Some of the home cleaning tasks needs to be done on daily basis not only for hygienic reasons but also for home organizing purposes. It’s wise to spend ten to fifteen minutes completing those chores that can consume your hours each week. Here are a few chores that you must consider fitting into your daily cleaning schedule:
- Make your bed daily: Making your bed daily and de cluttering all the extra items from your bed can transform your entire bedroom making it look instantly clean.
- Do the laundry: If you have little kids in your family I think you need to do laundry every day to wash those clothes full of stains.
- Organize clean clothes daily: Once your clothes are dry and clean hang/fold and put them in the cupboard to save them from further spills and stains.
- Instantly wash dishes: After taking your meals instantly wash all the plates, spoons, bowls and other items. Dirty dishes can host lots of dangerous diseases so keep them clean to maintain good health.
- Do a ten minutes quick fix: When all family members go to sleep, remove all the toys, put all the shoes in ranks and organize all other extra items for a ten-minute quick fix.
- Do ten minutes vacuum: Just try to do ten minutes quick vacuum across the whole house to clean, all the dirt and germs accumulated throughout the day.
- Clean the dustbins daily: Dustbins if not cleaned on daily basis can host food born germs and various insects like cockroaches and house flies which can host different diseases in turn.
Weekly House Cleaning Activities to Include in Your Weekly Schedule
Some cleaning chores don’t need to be done on daily basis. When you create your master task list decided which house chores need weekly or mid weekly cleaning. Here are some weekly home cleaning activities that you can include in your weekly house cleaning schedule to feel stress-free all week.
- Clean up all the kitchen cupboards: Each week make sure you clean up all those spills and spots that you left untidy. Thoroughly clean the cupboards from inside and all the cupboard doors and drawer fronts as well.
- Deep clean the stove or cooker top: Once a week take off all the burners and deeply clean the cooker top.
- Clean the refrigerator: Take the old food out of the refrigerator, this can help you in several ways including organizing the food well and in this way you can find out which food items you need to buy this weekend.
- Thoroughly clean the bathrooms: Use good quality washroom cleaner to clean up all the washbasins and flushes and wipe all the walls and cubicles.
- Garden Cleaning: Garden cleaning and organization is something that you must have in your weekly schedule. You can include all your family members in your garden cleaning activities. Try to scheduling this activity in your family bonding time so that all can meet and bond together as well.
Monthly Cleaning Activities to Include in Your Monthly Schedule
Identify activities from your master home or apartment cleaning list that you need to do on a sporadic basis and shift those shores into your monthly list
- De clutter: Take a tour of your home with a critical eye and look for items that you have not used since a couple of years and anticipate whether you will use them in the future or not. After analyzing get rid of all such stuff by throwing away (properly disposing off), free cycling, recycling.
- Furniture cleaning: Include furniture cleaning in your monthly cleaning lists because sofas, chairs and cushions absorb dust and dirt, vacuuming them monthly can make them shine again. To make your wood furniture shines again clean or polish them with wood furniture cleaners.
- Carpet Cleaning: Carpets and rugs can absorb dust/odors, so schedule carpet cleaning in your monthly to-do lists is must.
Wrap it up:
Whether you want to clean your apartment yourself or you want to hire house maid cleaning services. Make a master cleaning list and shift tasks in daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules with deadlines assigned for each task.